Wednesday 26 February 2014

Spring flowers



This week I have used a new stamp which I bought from a Demo Day at Which Craft Doncaster, it was nice to see some spring colours at last and the sunshine!
To make my card I used :
Green/white spotty paper 
cream card 
Cream netting
Handmade frame using  Martha Stewart clay
Yellow ribbon
6x6 Card 
Distress inks Shabby Shutters, and Mustard Seed

Used the sketch from Sketch Saturday, with the green and white spotty card as my background layer, then I covered the cream card with the net to make my next layer. Stamped my flowers onto watercoloured card and painted  using my distress inks.
To finish  I mounted the image and cut out the top flower so it stands off the card , then attached my frame embellishment to the bottom right corner.
Really like using the Martha Stewart Clay its so light when dry so it adds no weight to your cards, and it was easy to add colour with my distress inks too.
I wish to enter this card in the Sketch Saturday Challenge 
Thanks for stopping by Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Lynn! Love the texture and Spring image! Thanks for joining us for Sketch Saturday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous image, love how it pops off the top of the square. Love the card. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, Niki xx

    ReplyDelete